Insignia Sports Armband AM/FM Radio

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Michael Douglas, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Michael Douglas

Michael Douglas Stunt Coordinator

I'm trying to find a good Sports Armband Walkman. My Sony model died on me, and when I purchased the new Sony model, it had the most godawful reception I've ever heard! Even the strongest stations were coming in with a ton of static. You'd think that something that only receives radio waves would actually be able to do a good job of it.

Anyway, long story short, I don't know what to get right now. The only other models besides the Sony I can find at stores are pretty crappy generic brands. At my Best Buy they only carry two models -- the Sony and some company called Insignia, which I've been unable to find reviews of online.

It's the Insignia model IS-PA04072. Does anyone know anything about this brand or this model? Or know of any quality armband walkmen? All the stores I go to seem to be stocked primarily with the new Sony model.

2. RomanSohor

RomanSohor Second Unit

Insignia is Best Buy's "House" brand.

They OEM out the stuff to various other companies- so it's hit and miss... it is usually pretty cheap though, and if you're worried about build quality you can get their replacement plan on it, usually good for 2 or 3 years... and refundable within 30 days, just like the radio would be if you don't like the reception.