What's new

Insignia Blu-ray player @ Best Buy (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Best Buy is selling their Insignia Blu-ray player for $299, plus a free $100 gift card, and a $100 coupon book with purchase.

To top it all off, they are also throwing in free shipping.

However, the sale ends today (6/30).

The Insignia is the same player as the Maganvox that is currently selling at Wal*Mart, and is 1.1 compliant.

If I did not already have a PS3, I'd be picking this puppy up myself!!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If they keep making deals like that...Best Buy won't still be in business by July 9...erm...the end of today! :D

Just kidding, Todd! Thanks for the post!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The current batch of BB coupons has a 12% off coupon for all Insignia electronics, good July 3-7. That would take the price down to around $289 (based on $329 regular retail).

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
This player is currently priced at $279. According to bluray.com it bitstreams DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD, but it is not known if it decodes them. Does anyone own one of these? Is it a decent machine?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I saw another BR player today at Wal-Mart for $278. Can't recall the brand, though. Maybe Magnavox?

Cheapest I've seen yet.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

Probably, if so it is basically the same player as this Insignia player made by Funai.

Chris

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
According to the Best Buy website, the Insignia has an optical and coax out, while the Magnavox only has coax. Since my receiver's two coax jacks are occupied, I am going to need optical. Or a new receiver with HDMI inputs.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

That's the difference which is why I said basically. Either player is best suited for owners of HDMI audio processing since both pass the advanced codecs bitstream over that connection.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yacubjkc
Recent bookmarks