Inside The Actor's Studio?

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Reaction score
Great show from BRAVO! This past week they aired the episode with all of the cast/voices from "The Simpsons".

This is a wonderful show. Some awesome guests have been on from both the tv & movie world. I would love to see it released on DVD sometime in the future.

Any chance of that happening?

How many of you would purchase complete season sets of "Inside The Actor's Studio"? I think I would also settle for a "Best Of" collection...

george kaplan

Executive Producer
Reaction score
I'm not certain, but definitely not unless they were unedited. The ones that air on Bravo are ridiculous. Ask a guest his favorite curse word and you hear them reply [bleep]. In studio audience laughs, at home audience tries vainly to lip read.

Uncensored - maybe a purchase
Censored - no way in [bleep]

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
I think season sets would be unlikely -- getting clearance on the movie clips from all of the different studios would be extremely expensive. Best of/compilations are more likely, with the clips removed or replaced with stills.

I enjoy watching the broadcasts, but don't think I'd buy them. Maybe if it was uncensored, and had a lot of extra material, but even then..... I mostly watch to marvel at how incredibly pretentious and fawning Lipton can be. He cracks me up.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Lipton is ghastly. Honestly, he probes no deeper than any of the shills on E! but seems to get away with it on the basis that he's had elocution lessons.

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
I believe that these interviews are done over a period of about 4 to 5 hours and then edited down for the show.

That being said, I would like to see the whole interview.

You would think these studios would be more than happy to give their permission to have their clips shown. It's yet another plug for their movies, but that's Hollyweird for ya.

Bruce Hedtke

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Lipton has such a probing and hardball approach to interviewing, he could probably write for Tigerbeat. He's such a fluff. I've seen enough of the episodes to know that most of them aren't worth re-watching. The only one I'd be interested in seeing again is the Tom Hanks episode. Otherwise, most of the guests end up being as dull and as lifeless as Lipton himself.

Bruce

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frugalfart