What's new

Inside of people... (1 Viewer)

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I just read this article on Yahoo News and came across this part of it.

Where are people in their heads when they have to go loot what is already destroyed. What has been such a catastrophic event for so many. Why do they think they are entitled to do this? What purpose does it serve? Does anybody care they spray painted some wall that is gonna get repainted? Rob the already robbed?
How far off are you when you can only think to do damage and wrong?

Evil does exist.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

With law enforcement otherwise engaged and most honest citizens trying to get out of the way of the storm. It was a perfect opportunity for the looters.

Regards,

Joe

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, because this wouldn't have happened elsewhere under similar circumstances :laugh:.

"Types of people"? Sure. It's easy to make such pronouncements in the comfort of one's disaster free living room.

When push comes to shove, most humans beings will resort to a "Me first, fuck everyone else" mentality, and do what they feel they got to do to protect themselves and their loved ones, at any cost. This ranges from individuals to entire nations. Principles and morals (which coincidentally enough, are most often heard on the sunniest of days) have a funny way of dissolving under the right amount of duress.

--
H

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

Bob "The looter"'s diary: After katrina, Day 5: Obviously nobody is intrested in helping me. I've been stranded on a floating coffee table surrounded by sewage and I'm hungry. I think I'll go forage for food and valuables so that when I escape this quagmire I can find someplace dry to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks