Inside of people...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by ChrisHeflen, Feb 28, 2006.

1. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

I just read this article on Yahoo News and came across this part of it.

Where are people in their heads when they have to go loot what is already destroyed. What has been such a catastrophic event for so many. Why do they think they are entitled to do this? What purpose does it serve? Does anybody care they spray painted some wall that is gonna get repainted? Rob the already robbed?
    How far off are you when you can only think to do damage and wrong?

Evil does exist.

2. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

Yes, but were they born evil? [​IMG]

3. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

--

4. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

With law enforcement otherwise engaged and most honest citizens trying to get out of the way of the storm. It was a perfect opportunity for the looters.

Regards,

Joe

5. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

Yeah, because this wouldn't have happened elsewhere under similar circumstances [​IMG].

"Types of people"? Sure. It's easy to make such pronouncements in the comfort of one's disaster free living room.

When push comes to shove, most humans beings will resort to a "Me first, fuck everyone else" mentality, and do what they feel they got to do to protect themselves and their loved ones, at any cost. This ranges from individuals to entire nations. Principles and morals (which coincidentally enough, are most often heard on the sunniest of days) have a funny way of dissolving under the right amount of duress.

--
    H

6. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

---- never mind, I'm not playing this game again.

7. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Bob "The looter"'s diary: After katrina, Day 5: Obviously nobody is intrested in helping me. I've been stranded on a floating coffee table surrounded by sewage and I'm hungry. I think I'll go forage for food and valuables so that when I escape this quagmire I can find someplace dry to sleep.