What's new

INSIDE MAN in august (1 Viewer)

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I was able to get this DVD early and I have to tell you the supplements are extremely disappointing. Other than a Spike Lee audio commentary, there is only a few deleted scenes, a conversation between Denzel and Spike and a 10 minute featurette. I really expected more from a high profile title like this. I'm glad to have the film and the transfer is first rate, but there should have been more. Universal has really been sucking on supplements for its "A" titles lately. Brokeback Mountain, Jarhead, Munich and Pride & Prejudice also deserved better DVD treatment. They used to put out great Collector's Editions.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

But, you have to ask, what else could they have put on there? It has a commentary, deleted scenes, featurette and interview, isn't that enough? That is more than many titles get.

It should be about the quality of those, rather than just throwing in a bunch of things to have enough to add up to a second DVD. Most of the extras are just pointless filler.

For me, the transfer is the most important part. After the film of course. Anything else I may never even get around to watching.

It is a great film, although for me, I don't know if I will buy it. It isn't one I can see myself watching multiple times.

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator
I really dug this movie alot, and I'm definitely picking it up. Everything clicked for me, especially Ejiofor. He and Denzel made the movie for me.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

They could have a documentary that was more than a mere 10 minutes, perhaps 30 to 40. A featurette regarding Terrence Blanchard's Music Score and his longtime association with Spike. The films Theatrical Trailer. Perhaps a featurette about the filming location and the making of the set. More ephisis on the actors, the screenplay etc. There are lesser films that get more supplements than this. I loved this film and really wanted more than they provided with the supplements. They were really scant in my opinion.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
They could have had a playable version of "Kill Dat Nigga" (edit a.k.a. Gangstas iz Genocide)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks