What's new

"Inside Katrina" on National Geographic channel (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone see this 2 hour documentary? It was very interesting. Pretty much laid the blame on everybody including the media. The only one who didn't screw up was General Honore. From what my father and I both agree. That the biggest culprit was the Govenor. Her refusal to give up authority really hampered things. Another problem was just the amount of beauracracy at all levels of government. For example a water search and rescue team arrived in NO to help. They had to sit for 2 days with their boats and equipment while the local officials checked their credentials and completed the paperwork. I was surprised by what they said about the media. The reporters in the area were reporting that NO was spared major damage and that everything was ok. That delayed some of the relief efforts.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Todd, this thread will continue for as long as no one delves into the political. But how can that happen, given what occurred in Louisiana? Be aware that this thread, in other words, could be shut down swiftly and without warning.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Inside of the storm and all that happened gave you a different view of the storm. Tough post though, but a well done documentary.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Actually, participants in this thread should discuss the documentary itself -- i.e., how well did it convey the tragedy, how well was it directed, etc. But the issues themselves are off-limits. Otherwise, the thread will be closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks