What's new

Inserts for replacing cases - recataloging my collection (1 Viewer)

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
I have finally decided I've had it with the snappers and digipaks and the lousy packaging bonus discs come in, so I'm going to start upgrading everything to Amaray keepcases. I did a couple of searches on here but couldn't find any info on good programs to do this or places on the net that have already created alternate cover art. Considering I have at least 100 of these that need to be worked on (I don't care about discs that have bad art - I'm more worried about getting inserts that fit), I don't have the time to develop my own custom art for each case (I'm too busy trying to catalog right now after developing my own personalized relational database system).

Where can I:
get alternate cover art?
get multidisc keep cases?

What do you do to:
make new inserts?

I'm preparing to move so most of my collection is crated up right now but I'll need something to do after unpacking.

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
Meritline.com if you are interested in purchasing perforated A4 glossy photo paper for printing DVD inserts (cover art).

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
I tried the perforated A4 glossy photo paper from Meritline.com and cover art prints up beautifully on my Canon i950.

However, there is one drawback; the clear plactic on the keepcases tends to stick to the glossy paper, and takes on a blotchy look from the outside. This is mostly a problem on black and other dark colors; on light colors,it looks fine and it's not a serious problem as the cover art is not damaged since the "sticking" problem is caused by static charge and seems to be lessonning a little as the ink dries out more.

I print from Photoshop Elements and I can line up the cover art precisely in the print preview function. If your cover art is sized 10.8 x 7.25, you lose a little around the edges when you use the perforations. However, you can always cut the full size image out with a scissors or paper cutter if anything critical is outside the perforations. Alternatively, you can undersize the image slightly by altering it in Photoshop before printing.

My pack of paper is almost gone now so I am considering purchasing some perforated matte 8 1/2 by 11 paper from tapeandmedia.com as I think matte will work a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks