What's new

Inserting URL problem (1 Viewer)

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I've been trying to insert a URL for one of my reviews in the 2002 Films thread, but for some reason it won't work. I know that I'm doing it "properly" because I got another link to come across.
Here's an example of what I mean.
I am trying to list a link to my review of The Endurance: Shackleton's Legendary Antarctic Expedition. I go through the proper steps, and it looks like this. The Endurance: Shackleton's Legendary Antararctic Expedition
I'm going to assume it lists the text and the entire URL.
If I try just doing the URL, it works okay, like this:
http://www.dvdmon.com/indexnew.cfm?v...tic Expedition
What's stranger, though, is that if I list the wrong link, but one that works, like for my review of Beauty and the Beast: Special Edition, it works just fine:
The Endurance: Shackleton's Legendary Antarctic Expedition
I tried remedying this in the Test area with no success. What's going on?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mark:

It has to be something in the extra colons etc. in that hyperlink that mess with the vB code. Even when you just type in the link itself it gets messed up. Just use a regular HTML hyperlink to your review.

BTW, that link still goes to your Beauty and the Beast review.

Parker

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Thanks. It's a bit goofy with the way the webmaster posts things in that area. (The other review is right below the Beauty and the Beast review.) I think he's working on a different way of making them available since I'm ramping up the current film reviews on the site.

I'll have to dig up how to do the html and get what I need.

Thanks for the quick response.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks