Inputs to PLV-60 Projector

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Arthur E, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Arthur E

Arthur E Auditioning

I assume that the three component video outputs from a Denon AVR 4800 receiver are connected to the three RCA component video jacks on the PLV-60.

What is the source of signals that would be connected to the five BNC jacks on the PLV-60?

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

(I'll take a stab at this, but dont hold me to the correct terms [​IMG] )
    The 3 RCA jacks carry Component video - common in todays home theater equipment.
    Some scientific/business projection equipment also want control of the vertical & horizontal timing/sync signals. This is necessary for things like presentation displays, video conferencing, etc., where the height/width are less standardized.
    Your projector supports these types of hookups as well.

3. Selden Ball

Selden Ball Second Unit

Selden
    To put it another way, the 5 BNC connections can be used to connect your projector to a PC. You'd need to get what is called a "breakout" cable. It has a 15pin connector at one end that plugs into the video output of the PC, and 5 BNC connections at the other end: Red, Green, Blue, Horizontal Sync and Vertical Sync. You'll need to check your projector manual to find out what display frequencies it'll work with.
    For convenience in industrial environments, the BNC inputs can be used for composite, Y/C (s-video) or YPrPb (component) connections, in which case you wouldn't be using all five of the connections.
    The BNC connections can also be used with many brands of video scalers. The PLV-60 has a very good scaler built into it, however, so that should be unnecessary.
    You've probably read it already, but a reasonably good review of the projector can be found at http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/bigequipment9.shtml
    I hope this helps a little.

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer