What's new

Inputs on upgrading a system? (1 Viewer)

Kevin_To

Auditioning
Hello to all,

I'm currently thinking of upgrading my old system but not quite sure which one to upgrade, the receiver or the speakers.

My system is a Kenwood. The only feature that my receiver has is Dolby Pro Logic and that's it. The original system came with a receiver-tuner, CD changer, tape player, two on-floor, 1 center and 2 rear speakers (it was six or seven years old). The bass is okay but the treble is not quite good. Not quite good means the sound is not quite sharp as you usually hear of glass breaking (or when people in a movie say "ss.." ) even I turned the treble knob all they way to maximum and this is where my question comes in. I want to get a better or more crystal clear treble but do not know whether a new receiver will help or a new set of speakers will help.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you

Kevin.
:frowning:

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like you could do for a speaker upgrade, though you probably would want to get a new dolby digital receiver along with them.

There are many many brands oft mentioned around here for both receivers and speakers.

try to go audition carefully as many speakers as you possibly can and pick what sounds best. Also try to include Paradigm in your search, i find they offer great entry-level value.

happy hunting! also the speaker and receivers forum might be helpful, these threads come up all the time, you can run searches, look back, etc and get ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks