Input Setting questions on Denon 3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by John Vo, Jun 28, 2004.

1. John Vo

John Vo Agent

Does the 3805 save user settings for the different inputs? For example, if I wanted my LFE level to be at "x" for the CD input and "Y" for the DVD input, would it save those individual settings or is it global across all inputs?

I've read that it does, and I have read that it doesn't so I don't know the true answer.

-John

2. VinnyP

VinnyP Auditioning

Yes, it does.

3. VinnyP

VinnyP Auditioning

Actually, I just re-read your post (serves me right for not thinking before typing), I don't know if it remembers LFE settings for each input, but I can try it out and let you know. I know it does save settings such as what processing you are set for each input (DD, DTS, Stereo, etc.) as well as EQ settings (none, normal, flat, etc.).

4. John Vo

John Vo Agent

Thanks Vinny. Mine should be arriving in a few days. I was just wondering so I can make a mental game plan of how to install/configure this thing.

5. VinnyP

VinnyP Auditioning

John,

I was experimenting with the LFE settings tonight. There are a few conditions to accessing LFE levels.
    The input to the receiver must be setup as digital (Optical or Coaxial).
    The LFE can only be accessed in DD or DTS modes.
    The LFE levels carryover from one input device to the other.

This being my first high end surround receiver, I am still on a learning curve - but I could not get the LFE levels to be different between inputs.

Anyone else got any ideas?

6. John Vo

John Vo Agent

Shucks. I was hoping they would has I am upgrading from an Outlaw 1050 and that was one gripe I had with it. On the Outlaw, I would have to manually bump up the LFE settings +2. Hopefully, I won't have to do the same here. Argh, I know I read in another forum that settings for each input are retained individually.

7. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

My 3803 saves all the speaker levels per DSP mode (DD/DTS, PLII, 5ch St, etc.), not by input. I am not sure about the 3805, but I assume it works the same way.

8. John Vo

John Vo Agent

Ahh..maybe that was it. I must have misinterpreted the DSP settings for input settings. Thanks!

9. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

And one can select default dsp modes on a per-input basis.

On my humble 2805 the dsp modes are adjustable in several different ways and what you choose is saved per mode. One of the adustments is the degree of "strength" of the echo effects and such that make up the overall dsp mode. So theoretically one could maybe turn the dsp mode overall level to 0, adjust the LFE level and such to taste, make that the default dsp mode on a given input and that way accomplish per-input settings for lfe and such??