Input on some mystery speakers...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Shannon, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

I have a set of speakers which I got from a neighbour. They are very small, have plastic casing, and only have a small logo that says SII, and says DBBS underneath. I have no idea what company these could be. Could anybody identify them? I will try to post a picture later.

Also, I have a set of NEC's, which I got off the same neighbour. They are tall, not very wide, and made of wood. I sounds as though the woofer on one of them is loose, as it almost thumps or rattles. I would fix it if I could, but the speaker case has no screws. It looks as if was sealed by glue. As well, the front grill/screen cannot be removed. to make matters worse, the sire seems as though it goes directly into the case and to the speaker, so the only way to make it longer is connect another length of wire to the already existing wire.... any ideas????

2. Brian Burgoyne

Brian Burgoyne Second Unit

Does your neighbor drive a white van?

3. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

No, he doesn't drive a white van. He just had some speakers left over from when he was younger. Plus, he got a new surround system and had no use for them.