Input On SignalCable Speaker Cables

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chas_T, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

I'm looking to upgrade my speaker cables from Monster cable. One of the companies I am considering is the SignalCable speaker cable.

SignalCable's are fairly inexpensive compared to other manufacturer's. They have a 30 day money back guarantee, so even if I would not like them I have the option of returning them. You might write so just order them and give them a bash. However, I'd still appreciate input if possible. Anyone have personal experience with SignalCable speaker cables?

Also I did a search here and there was minimal information on this companies product line.

Studio 100's/Sherbourn/Modial/Anthem AVM-20.

Best regards and thank you for your input.
    Charles

http://www.signalcable.com/

2. Brian OK

Brian OK Supporting Actor

Frank @Signal cables is oftentimes reluctant to state on his website just what manufacturer he uses for his cables, speaker and power cables in particular.
    Last I heard it was Canare. He likes to shop @partsexpress.com. Although fine stuff, you can do better. Depends on your budget.
    There are a host of companies who use Canare wire. If on a budget, then take the offer.
    Others should chime in here as to other suppliers of Canare.

Good Luck,

BOK

3. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Signal uses Canare 4s8 speaker cable. Not bad but you can easily make them yourself by buying bare cable and connectors from Pacrad, Marketec etc.
    I'd go with Heartlandcables. They offer the thicker Canare 4s11 for similar prices. Plus they don't go for all the sales hype that Signal does. Besides the hype I dont think he uses the best parts(Connectors etc.) for what he charges.

4. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Brian-Mark,

Thank you for the information. I am on a bit of budget to be honest so the middle ground would be best. Speaker cables can be so darn expensive if you go to the botique shops.

Any other suggestions of companies who use the same parts in assembling would be appreciated. I am not a DIY'er in this area.

Does Heartland have a web site? I did a search and the page can't be found. This is the site I used for Heart Land Cables and it will not display.

http://www.heartlandcables.com

5. DanKaps

DanKaps Extra

I apologize for the problem. My website should be back very soon. Thanks.

Dan Kaps (Heartland Cables)

6. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Besides numerous E-bay sellers another source of pre-made Canare speaker cables is Cscables.com

FYI Canare speaker wire is what Bettercables used until recently. I think there is still a bunch of positive reviews about it.