What's new

Input on Sharp XG-NV6XU (1 Viewer)

daniel clark

Auditioning
First timer question here? I’m looking for input on my first home project theater. I have come across a used Sharp XG-NV6XU Projector - 2200 lumens and would like some input
Here is what I’d like to do. I’d like a projector that I can watch Direct TV Sports, DVD, and movies on. I have looked at the Sanyo PLV 60 but with the downturn in the economy it’s a little pricey for me right now. I’m looking to spend $2000 or less to get my feet wet for the next year or two to learn and experience more about projectors and then upgrade to a serious level.
My room is 12 X 16 and it does have some windows. Can this projector do the wide 16 X 9 format?
I’d really like to get started and thought this might be a good start. If I can deal and get this unit for less than $2000 is that a good price? Would you recommend holding off and saving another 6 to 9 months for something more like the Sony 10 or 11 or the Sayno PLV60? Any feed-back would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Yes, it can do 16x9 wide format, but not natively. What it would do is simply not use the top and bottom strip of pixels, since it has a native 1024x768 resolution (4:3). Your effective resolution will be 1024x576.

$2000 sounds like a pretty good price as long as it's in good condition.

As always, only you can say whether or not waiting is a good idea for you. You'll always find better deals the longer you wait, as technology drops in price and increases in technology.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
One thing to consider is the recent release of the Sony 12 will drive the price of the 10 & 11 down in the next few months. If we are talking about a matter of months then I would do the "hard" thing and wait. Save as much as you can now thereby allowing you to really get your feet wet in either a higher end LCD or DLP unit.

daniel clark

Auditioning
Thank you for the reply. I'd really like the sony 10 or 11 so I'll consider all the options, thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks