Innocent Blood - PS or ?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Johnny Angell, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    I just noticed that DeepDiscount DVD has this title for $5.99 and they show a release date of 12/01/01. However, I know this DVD has been out a while. They only reason I haven't bought it, is because it was pan and scam format.

Has anyone heard of it being released again? 12/01/01 is a Saturday, so that's an odd release date anyway. The specs at the site say Format: Standard, which sounds suspiciously like its still pan and scam.

That's too bad, because I think this is a pretty good vampire flick, and adds a fresh slant to the genre.

2. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    I just caught this flick for the first time on HDNET Movies. Im glad, too, because it looks like all we have on DVD right now is a P&S bare bones release. The HD version looked pretty good, and the audio was DD 5.1

Since an HD transfer exists, could this mean a new DVD is far behind? If not, Ill just have to keep this flick on my satellite's hard drive for a while...

Not a huge hit by any means, but this movie certainly has SE written all over it. Im sure it has a huge cult following, given the big horror celeb names involved.

3. John Goodwin

John Goodwin Stunt Coordinator

4. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

I used to have the R1. It is actually open-matte, I believe so you don't lose any pic. info. you gain some. If you can zoom your player or display, it's ok. I think the R4 is the unrated version too, whatever that means. It IS anamorphic but there's PAL speedup, meaning less seconds of Anne P. nude. [​IMG]

5. walter o

walter o Supporting Actor

I think the WS LD said it was a "matted" presentation, so the DVD is open matte.

6. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

7. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

So I recieved and watched my R4 OAR WS anamorphic "IB" last nite. It looked amazing, AND is longer than the R1 release! The sex scene is longer!!!!! And the speech by Mocelli at the end when he is aflame is alot longer too. Interesting. Was the USA release trimmed for an "R"...?

8. Will_B

Will_B Producer

9. John Goodwin

John Goodwin Stunt Coordinator

It's PAL,and theres some vendor links in the dvdcompare link i posted a few posts ago .