What's new

INNOCENCE: Ghost in the shell ( aka Ghost in the shel 2 !! ) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, we've known for about 2 years that Miramax will be releasing it. Oshii has never been one for direct sequels, so I'll say no.

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Do you think the stand alone Series will be availble on dvd ?? And when does it actually come out in Japan ?
Also ig website has some cool new pix from the series up!

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Stand Alone Complex is already in the process of being released in Japan. There is three discs currently [Available for import (Region 2, Jap Language, No Subs) for the low, low price of $69 each] with more in the process of being completed.

As for Kusanagi's body, if it follows the Shirow Manga Ghost in the Shell 2: Man Machine Interface, she will indeed be in her new body, as well as (If I correctly understood the japanese language manga, since I don't read japanese) a couple of others as well. The story tends to take place a lot in the Net. On that note, the manga is being released in America, translated, via monthly books. I personally would wait for the Trade.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Took a look at some of the images from the TV series. Looks like it could be interesting. It looks like the character designers have "youthened" her a bit. She looks more generic than she did in the first movie. Does the story take place before she had the cyborg body?

It looks like they decided to use the fujichomas(Sp?), or a version of them, in this series which is a good touch.

James T

Screenwriter
Is the sequel based on the Ghost in the Shell 2 comic books that were available a while back?

LennyP

Supporting Actor
12 episodes and a special of Stand Alone Complex have aired, I've watched them all, subbed, they're excellent, and widescreen, it's gotta be the best anime since Bubblegum Crisis!
Definetly can't wait for DVDs

paul_v

Second Unit
Yes Stand Alone Complex is Great! Can't wait for the new movie.

I also love the theme song to stand alone complex ("Inner Universe" by Origa). It's probably the best theme song in an anime I've heard.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is my favorite anime of the 2002/2003 season. It is probably going to run on TV first (most likely on Cartoon Network) before it comes out on DVD, so don't hold your breath for the DVDs (which I am expecting in late fall/winter).
It is still airing in Japan, where it is shown twice a month on Animax (Japanese Pay-Per-View) for JY700 per month ;)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
It's Yoko Kanno... she has no reason, she just does what she thinks sounds right (heck, some of her stuff isn't even a language, it is just giberish that sounds good ;) ). She is also, by far, my favorite composer in Japan.
BTW, it's not just Russian... it is a combination of Russian, English, and Latin :D

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Took a look at some of the images from the TV series. Looks like it could be interesting. It looks like the character designers have "youthened" her a bit. She looks more generic than she did in the first movie. Does the story take place before she had the cyborg body?
Actually, Major Kusanagi's depiction in the TV series now closely matches her original body appearance in the original manga. All the other characters were duplicated pretty much as-is in both the movie and TV series. However, Kusanagi's appearance in the movie was severely altered though not enough to make her look like someone completely different. I never understood why the movie producers went that route especially for the main character.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
The series, Stand alone complex will be based on the original manga, following more closely the storyline, which is being overseen personally by Shirow Masamune himself. As for the Movie, From what I understand it will follow the events of Man Machine Interface, which is the Ghost in the Shell 2 manga, also overseen by Shirow.

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
I recently imported the 3 opening discs of Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex (ouch, that was costly) and I have to add my support to those saying they're great. This is definitely one of the better anime series of recent times.
Mind you my Japanese is sketchy at best so following the storylines accurately is occasionally tricky and the 'spiderbot' shorts at the end of each episode simply baffle me. :D

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by jessi01
Well your link is not working properly.. i really want to see movie poster.. If you have another one than share here.
How in the world did you find 5 threads from March of 2003 to respond to? Pretty impressive run there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks