What's new

Innerspace is coming out on dvd on 7/9.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Dvdempire has it for preorder for a 7/9 release. It does say that it will have a commentary.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
According to DVDFile, it will be presented in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 tracks and will include a commentary by Joe Dante, Dennis Muren, and selected cast members; filmographies; and trailers.

DarrenA

Second Unit
Great news guys! This was one funny movie from the many comedies in the '80s. And it was one of the more funny Sci-Fi comedies as well. And who could resist the adorable and innocent (back then) Meg Ryan? In the end I'd still take the modified '68 Mustang Convertible...now that was a sweet ride!:)

Joel C

Screenwriter
This probably isn't as good as I remember it, but it will sit proudly on the shelf next to Joe vs. the Volcano nonetheless.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Like 'Manhattan' a few years before, one thing that is notable about 'Innerspace' is that it was OAR-only (letterboxed) on VHS.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Yahoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
This is great news. First some news on Real Genius, now this! Long live the 1980's comedies! :D

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Yeah it still rocks. I forced myself to face non-OAR hell last time it was on TV.
This will be my first opportunity to see it in widescreen. BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!:D

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Your not going to stay little for ever.
Play with it pal, but don't talk to it.
THIS IS GREAT NEWS!

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
This is great news! I've always loved all the leads in this film would love to replace my old, scratchy laserdisc.
Like 'Manhattan' a few years before, one thing that is notable about 'Innerspace' is that it was OAR-only (letterboxed) on VHS.
I might be wrong on this, but I believe there was a full frame VHS edition out at some time. Also, the TV version is full frame.
"Oh god. Someone help me. I'M POSSESSED!"
Jason

Michael Boyd

Second Unit
This was my first exposure to OAR on home video when I was 16. I didn't become a cultish Woody Allen obsessive/devotee for a few more years, so I never saw Manhattan.

I guess I rented it sometime in the fall of 1987. Having seen the film in the theater probably helped my quick acceptance of the letterbox presentation since I knew how it was supposed to "look", but I have to admit it was quite a shock to see initially. I wonder how many people this video confused?

I watched it on a 10 inch TV too. I finally realized how I could see all the opening scroll of Star Wars at home. Finally my dream came true after buying an LD player 3 years later. Laughably i initially only wanted an LD player for the increase in quality, I had no idea it would turn into such a vast source for letterbox material!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.