Inkwell Images Ink cartoon DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Charlie O., May 7, 2004.

1. Charlie O.

Charlie O. Supporting Actor

Does anyone know if the DVDs over at http://www.inkwellimagesink.com are any good? I'm interest in the Disney and Fleischer collections. Also I'm worried Disney may put out a Treasure set of their cartoons some where down the line.

2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Everything I've heard about the Inkwell Images DVD's has been great.

3. WillardK

WillardK Second Unit

I have the Fleischer discs and they are terrific. The image is very good, especially considering the vintage of the source material. The sound is also well done. Although the foley effects could be turned down a notch, they are nearly transparent in how well they work with the shorts. The second disc had some problems with the initial pressing (it's on dvd-r), but if you end up with one (as I did), exchanging it is as easy as could be.

4. Charlie O.

They are on DVD-Rs???? These are jobs public domain I assume.

5. WillardK

WillardK Second Unit

The second volume is on dvd-r. They needed to make the project more economically doable since they were unlikely to compete with sales of Finding Nemo. Not to worry, though. Other than the problem with the first batch, the disc is fine and very much worth it if you're at all interested.

Here's a review at DVDtoons! with screenshots.

6. Charlie O.

Thanks a lot. I Guess this will hold me over untill Disney releases a office DVD of the Alice shorts.

7. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory
    Ah... I can't find these at online retailers, just at the site above and only for sale with paypal! I guess inkwell is trustworthy from what I see, they are the ones behind Cartoons Time Forgot right? Why doesn't Image publish them? Then again those Cartoons That Time Forgot are OOP now... I hope they release that Betty Boop Collection on DVD soon.
    Overall, I want everything they have, I just do not know about paypal. How much does Paypal cost and are they trustworthy, I thought I heard about some funny business...

8. Charlie O.

Paypals costs the buyer nothing. From what I last heard, Paypal takes 10% of the total from the seller so we (the buyers) have nothing to lose.