What's new

Inkwell Images Ink cartoon DVDs (1 Viewer)

WillardK

Second Unit
I have the Fleischer discs and they are terrific. The image is very good, especially considering the vintage of the source material. The sound is also well done. Although the foley effects could be turned down a notch, they are nearly transparent in how well they work with the shorts. The second disc had some problems with the initial pressing (it's on dvd-r), but if you end up with one (as I did), exchanging it is as easy as could be.

WillardK

Second Unit
The second volume is on dvd-r. They needed to make the project more economically doable since they were unlikely to compete with sales of Finding Nemo. Not to worry, though. Other than the problem with the first batch, the disc is fine and very much worth it if you're at all interested.

Here's a review at DVDtoons! with screenshots.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Thanks a lot. I Guess this will hold me over untill Disney releases a office DVD of the Alice shorts.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Ah... I can't find these at online retailers, just at the site above and only for sale with paypal! I guess inkwell is trustworthy from what I see, they are the ones behind Cartoons Time Forgot right? Why doesn't Image publish them? Then again those Cartoons That Time Forgot are OOP now... I hope they release that Betty Boop Collection on DVD soon.
Overall, I want everything they have, I just do not know about paypal. How much does Paypal cost and are they trustworthy, I thought I heard about some funny business...

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Paypals costs the buyer nothing. From what I last heard, Paypal takes 10% of the total from the seller so we (the buyers) have nothing to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks