Initial rendering of HT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Poehlman, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I have constructed a crude virtual picture of my proposed HT space. You can find it [​IMG]
    Any/all comments/suggestions/complaints appreciated.

2. Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson Supporting Actor

Dave:
    I can identify with your excitement and anticipation. A couple of years ago I found a $10,000 projector on closeout for $3900 and made the plunge. It was first placed on a table between our chairs and aimed at a white wall. That started a chain reaction that ended up like this.
    http://www.kathiejohnson.com/HomeTheater.html
    Meantime, there is a great thread on the "Piano" projector underway at the AVS forum that you might find useful.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=89932
    Keep us informed on your progress.
    Deane

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Is the room rectangular? From the picture it does not look so. Where will the screen or display go? Will yo be using a dropdown screen in front of that door, or is the door off to the side. There seems to be a recess at the front of the room but it is hard to get a scale from that diagram. See if you can draw an overhead layout to scale.
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1
    ------------------
    My Favourite DVD's

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

There is about a 2' deep and 10' wide recess on the far end. I was considering placing the screen back there. (if I do go with a projector, otherwise it will house some sort of in wall ent center). The door will actually be a dual sliding door providing access to a well pump and water softener. Behind the couch there is a small alcove area that will hold one of those octagonal card tables or a foosball table.
    I have a to-scale arial view that I will post this weekend.
    P.S. Deanne, nice theater! I wish I could get that elaborate, and thanks for the link for the Piano info.
    [Edited last by Dave Poehlman on November 09, 2001 at 12:35 PM]

5. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Okay.. I have put up an arial view of my space HERE.
    I am considering scrapping the little alcove area at the bottom and make the room a little more square. This would give me a little more freedom locating a screen/rptv/ent center.

6. Chad Beaudin

Chad Beaudin Agent

I doubt you will have any problems with standing waves [​IMG] hehehehe

7. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Okay.. Okay.. I think I have the finished product here. I managed to render some lights and a bar area. Let me know what you think.