information on the 50H81

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonKrol, Aug 31, 2001.

1. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

anyone know the capabilities of the 50H81 Toshiba set for viewing normal tv (4:3)
    like does it have zoom, stretch, etc. and if so, how are the capabilities? thanks!!!
    ------------------
    - Jason
    My DVD Collection

2. GaryP

GaryP Second Unit

Jason you can watch 4:3 material in the following ways:
    1) Normal, which will give you grey bars on the sides of the picture
    2) Theaterwide 1 (which most seem to prefer) The center tends to stay pretty normal, with the edges being stretched outward. Once you get used to this, it is hardly noticeable (at least to me it is).
    3) Theaterwide 2 This is a regular ol' zoom mode in which nothing is stretched, but rather it is just enlarged. Some of the picture will be cut off however. On a related note, this mode has a shift feature in which you can adjust the picture up or down to your liking.
    4) Theaterwide 3 (which most think is useless) Basically this is a non uniform enlargement. It is stretched wider than it is taller. This mode can also be shifted up or down.
    Hope this helps a little
    Gary
    ------------------
    Hey bartender.....Joboo needs a refill.
    [Edited last by GaryP on August 31, 2001 at 09:21 PM]

3. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

thank you so much. You have been a great help! This has been one of the items that I have been most anxious waiting for the tv..since I watch mostly DVDS, my wife watches alot of tv..so I was hoping that it had good stretching features etc.
    thanks again for the info!
    ------------------
    - Jason
    My DVD Collection

4. Kishu

Kishu Stunt Coordinator

Jason,
    After you make your purchase or if you have further questions, please post on TV and Projector Forum [​IMG]