Information on Samsung LN-S4041D LCD and Bill me Later option???

Discussion in 'Displays' started by CoreyAC, Sep 19, 2006.

1. CoreyAC

CoreyAC Stunt Coordinator

Hello all, I am interested in the Samsung LCD mentioned in the title...

I was going to get this TV or something comparable in the next couple months..i was also looking at a lower trim Sony model 40"...does anyone have an opinion on this model? is it better to step up???

I visited Circuit City and to me it looked pretty good compared to my Sony Wega that i have now...it was side by side with the Sony 40" LCD and to me it looked better and i am a used to be big on Sony...

also i was visiting a website that offered something called "bill me later." With this option i could pay it off in 90 days or the next couple of months and get charged no interest...plus they had a good price on the unit...

anyone use this service before?? how was it? i have to make my decision asap as the promo they have ends soon!

thanks and any input as always is greatly appreciated.

2. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

Hi Corey - what model Sony LCD were you looking at? FYI, Samsung and Sony share the same LCD production facility in South Korea, but use different electronic components. The Sony models offer superior picture quality, but are priced far over the Samsung, so it may be difficult to justify the price difference. I would only consider the Sony Bravia XBR Series models (not the lesser series), as they offer a far better engine and more inputs.

Also be sure to review the new Sharp Aquos 42" LC-42D62U.

3. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Corey

You can't really make such decisions based on what you see in a store. They tweak the set they are pushing.

4. CoreyAC

CoreyAC Stunt Coordinator

The Sony models were the KDL-40S2000 or the KLV-40U100M i can't remember the difference in the models right off hand but these are the two that were in my price range...

the 42" won't quite fit but they do have a 37" that could work...the 40" fits flush...

thanks for that info!