What's new

Infomercial Star Fined... (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
but not enough IMHO. Kevin Trudeau, who has entertained all of us long enough on our TV's and projectors, and seller of Coral Calcium, was fined $2,000,000 by the FTC. Among other places, you can read about it here. Pity it didn't also involve complete financial restitution to the millions he bilked. F*ck him.

CRyan

Screenwriter
It is sad that it took this long.

I like this quote ""Other habitual false advertisers should take a lesson: Mend your ways or face serious consequences."

What lesson is that? Make millions upon millions defrauding the public and then you will have to pay 5% of it back.

Great lesson.

C. Ryan

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Haven't seen this guy. I wish someone would nail that Don Lapre idiot (World's Greatest Vitamin). Even if he was legitimate, his delivery of his spiel drives me wild.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I wonder if someone made an infomercial of the street addresses and residence of the ones that scammed a lot of people such as Coral Calcium... I bet it'd sell pretty good and maybe one would only have to pay 5% for a fine...:D

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I think exceptions would have to be made though. If you bought Extenz, the fine should be 50% larger. :)

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I just saw two of the Kevin Trudeau infomercials this morning. When does this ban take effect?

I hate people that scam like this, and yes Lapre is one of them. I think about the only one that doesn't scam is Carlton Sheets. His techniques are a bit older, but they do work, with a lot of hard work that is.

Brandon

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
They should also put a small gullibility tax on anybody who is dull enough to be fooled into making such a purchase.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I agree, Scott. Obviously these people can't control their own finances, so any restitution paid to them would just be wasted on some other infomercial gizmo.

These are obviously the same people that buy things from pop-ups and spam mail on the Internet. They deserve what they get (or don't get), IMO.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
This swindler has been around for years peddling Mega Memory to vitamins to a book on natural healing. He is a con artist in every sense of the word. He also has a criminal record from his younger days.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
You're saying the memory course was a scam?

What about all the other people who sell coral calcium, like my local drug store? When will they get fined?

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

I believe that the fine was not for selling a calcium/magnesium supplement like coral calcium but rather for making false health claims for the product.

Most of us could use a calcium & magnesium supplement to strengthen our skeletal system and help prevent osteoporosis but stating that it will cure cancer, heart disease, & high blood pressure are false claims.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> stating that it will cure cancer, heart disease, & high blood pressure are false claims.

That's what The Man wants you to think.

Plus you need a Juiceman Juicer to really kill the cancer cells.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
for what its worth... I work at Walgreen's and this morning i went in, sat down and looked at my email, all the stores in my district were instructed to pull coral calcium from the shelves. Not like it was a hot seller in the first place but im pretty sure it was related to this. I have overheard the pharmacy manager many times telling customers to avoid coral calcium.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks