What's new

Infocus X10 or Toshiba 57"16;9? (1 Viewer)

Mark_CP

Auditioning
I am in a bind. I have always wanted to do a projection TV, for my home theater, but felt inhibited by the cost. I have a friend in the Screen making business which makes getting a very high quality screen very cheap, putting this new Infocus X10 DLP projector within reach at around $1500, and a ceiling mount for around $200. The concerns I have are as follows: 1) The highest quality video input the projector takes is a S-Video, not component. 2) Secondly the image is rated as SVGA (800x600). I have a great theater room put together, all Klipsch Reference speakers wired for 7.1, denon receiver and the last piece is the TV ( Toshiba 57" 16;( HDTV)or the projector, because it will cost me the same either way. Both units will be primarily taking digital sources, either through, HDTV cable/satellite, PC connection, progressive scan DVD, and gaming consoles. Which one will provide me with the best quality pic? Anyone know, a good guess?? Thanks allot for your help!:)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Have you thought about maybe going with the Sanyo Z1 or the Sony HS10(although the HS10 is a more expensive model but does have a very high resolution and can be found for $2300 online).

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I second the HS10. For the price, it is a killer pj @ 1366x768 WXGA resolution, it will shine with widescreen material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks