What's new

Infocus X1 ?'s and Decisions (1 Viewer)

Chris:H

Auditioning
Hey guys (first post here)

Just got the X1 and love it have yet to tweak the settings but will once i get it set up with my newe jbl 7.1 system..
Got a few ?'s for ya...

1. First of all what type of screen should i get... It is gona be a perm fix over an existing window that will be covered so the sun wont light the back up.. Around 70 - 85 inches in screen size would like a 16x9 screen though. i have heard lots of things about da lite but not sure...

2. On the celing mount is it ture the projector should sit about the level of the top of the screen so you dont have to use that trapazoid correction to much becuase it weekens the contrast and picture? Please let me know so ill buy an arm extension if needed.

thast should do it to start thanks

Chris

Chris:H

Auditioning
hey guys Also was wanting to know the optimal settings to watch movies etc vs tv thanks

ChadLB

Screenwriter
1) DIY screen
2) Yes but I am not sure the distance up/down it needs to be.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
My X1 has been set up as a 16:9 system all the way.

I'm using a 96" DIY gray screen. I've seen some of the new Da-Lite screens that are optimized for LCD and/or DLP projectors, and they do enhance the contrast level. I'm actually considering purchasing one of those in the very near future.

For 16:9 anamorphic DVD movies, I utilize the X1 in the following modes:

* Aspect ratio: 16:9
* "Film" mode
* Contrast and Brightness both set around 58.
* Everything else left in their factory default settings.

For non-anamorphic widescreen DVD moves, I use the same settings since my DVD player, a Panasonic progressive scan, provides a "auto-zoom" 4:3 to 16:9 mode that seems to do a pretty good job.

For non-anamorphic, non-widescreen DVD material (such as TV shows on DVD), I switch the X1's aspect ratio into "Native" mode, which centers the 4:3 image within the 16:9 frame.

For digital cable, I utilize the X1 in the following modes:

* Aspect ratio: "Native"
* "Video" mode
* Contrast and Brightness both set around 52.
* Everything else left in their factory default settings.

Hope this helps!

By the way, how long have you owned your X1? You need to be aware of the fact that the Infocus Screenplay 4805 will be available in a matter of weeks. This projector features the "guts" of the X1 (complete with Faroudja DCDi processing); but with a native 16:9 DLP chip and a 4x color wheel. It's going to "street" for less than $1400.00!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks