What's new

Infocus X1 now $999 plus a $100 rebate till May 31st (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Chalk me up as another one who purchased the X1! After talking with you guys and reading prior posts I decided I was going to try it out. Instead of ordering it online, I tried my local Best Buy and it was in stock so now I have a nice projector to enjoy. I am pleased with the way it looks and I am not bothered by rainbows. It took a while to adjust, but the picture is looking very nice and I don't even have a screen yet. My lady and I set up a white twin sized bed sheet. I can't wait until I get a real screen. Will a real screen or at least one made from a different material than a bedsheet make the picture clearer? Some scenes look blurry to me and I don't know if it's just the source or the screen or projector. Overall, I am very happy. I found my coupon and am going back to Best Buy to see if I can get a refund on the 10% for an even better deal!!

Thanks for all your help guys, no longer will I have to watch on a 31" tv!
George

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
George,

Depends on numerous of things.

What movie/scenes?
How far are you sitting away?
how big is the throw?

Probally should really wait till you have a proper screen and fully adjusted, then retry those scenes.

I'm anxiously waiting for my X1 to be delivered.
I also have a Da-Lite Cinema Contour high Contrast(grey)($700) screen coming soon too.

Believe me, a nice screen will make all the difference in the world.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Well, after doing some reading on this projector, I am going to order one up tomorrow if the local BB's do not have any instock. Seems like a great FP for an excellent price. I can sell my Mits 46" and at least break even if not end up a little ahead.

Peace Out~:D

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ron:

Great news. I think the The Driftwood Theater is going to love it. Are you going to keep the room green?

Parker

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Actually Parker, the Green Room is long gone, it has been converted over into a study / sowing room for Linda. The Driftwood is the new room that was built into half of the garage.

I've read many good things on this projector and a few not-so-good. With that, I have to get one and see for myself.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks Neil, I've read that.

I just got off the phone with InFocus and my X1 is shipping out today. I've got to give this thing a shot.

Eric M Jones

Second Unit
Ron:

I too am looking forward to your opinion of the X1. I'm on the verge of purchasing one (I've got a couple weeks to wait until our new house deal closes.) Anyway I've scoured the forums reading everything I can and as you've mentioned: for the price and 30 tryout it's a no brainer.

What DVD player will you be using with it?

Parker:

Did you get your X1 yet? If so what do you think?

-EJ

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Eric, I have a JVC-S60. Because it's only coming from Oregon and I'm in CA, I should have it by weeks end. I believe Parkers is due in today or tomorrow.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Eric:

I just got mine today and I don't have a screen yet but from just shooting on to a white wall with a 120 inch diagonal image I couldn't be happier.

Now on to a screen.

Parker

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Good to hear Parker. That was going to be my test as well. Shoot it on the white livingroom wall, if that looked good I'd then build the screen and revamp the theater.

What connection did you use out of the box, S-Vid?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks