inFocus X1 and Viewsonic PJ551

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chet Wilson, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Chet Wilson

Chet Wilson Stunt Coordinator

The inFocus is now at $1480 and the Viewsonic at $2095 with rebate. Seems like reasonable prices..but does anyone have experience with these projectors? Any other recommendations on other projectors $1500 to $2300? Just looking for user comments and experiences at this point. I would like to build up a list and investigate further. Thanks in advance

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  3. Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby Second Unit

Chet,
    Where is the X1 for that price? Lowest I found was $1599 from Infocus own website, but that was before it was released and then I heard they charged all the pre-orders $100 more to cover the increase. Now the website says $1699. I have heard nothing but good things about this projector over at AVS. This is an entry-level projector, and like everyne always says, you get what you pay for. For me, the X1 is in my budget and I like the 3000 hour lamp bulb life they advertise. Also if you order before 3/1/03, Infous site says they will give you a 3 year extended warranty N/C.

4. Chet Wilson

Chet Wilson Stunt Coordinator

Mathew, when looking for a price I go to Yahoo/shopping and enter the model. Lowest price listed was $1499. The reputation of the dealer and whether they honor the warranty as you know should be looked at.

5. TanT

TanT Stunt Coordinator

I've seen it as low as $1392 at 2buystore
    I am waiting for my paycheck so I could get it [​IMG]