Infocus X,Component to VGA adaptor and HD cable box

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by David Laplante, Feb 11, 2006.

1. David Laplante

Hi everyone,
    This one's got me confused. Last sunday we watched the superbowl and a friend of mine brought his HD cable box so that we could watch the game in 420p.

Thinking everything would be as easy to set up as my progressive scan DVD player, I just unplugged the DVD's component cables from the player and plugged them into the HD cable box only to find that it did not work. There was sound (so I know there was a signal from the cable box) but no image. Sometimes, the image would come on as a very quick flash and, during that flash I could see that everything was green.

Everything works just fine with my DVD player... any ideas why I couldn't get it to work ?

Here is a "diagram" of how I have things connected.

with DVD player (works fine):
    DVD player (set to progressive) -> Component to VGA adaptor -> Infocus X1

with the HD cable box (did not work):
    Cable box -> Component to VGA adaptor -> Infocus X1

I am confused !?!

Thanks for your time and help

David

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Do you mean 720p? I also have the X1, and use Dish Network and an OTA antenna for HD. It sounds to me like the cable box was not set to 720p. Also, with HD you need to have the latest firmware on the X1, which is 4.3. You can check the firmware by clicking on "About" in the menu. This is a known problem with the X1 and HD signals.

3. David Laplante

Thanks for the reply,

actually, I meant 480p (sorry). I checked my version of the firmware and it's 4.0... I guess I should upgrade it. and test again.

Thanks... It didn't even cross my mind.

I'll post an update