Infocus Sp 4800 mounting.....

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Luis S, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

Hey everybody,

I finally took the plunge into FP. Im really anxious to set it up but I have one question. When hanging the projector, do I center from left to right the mount or the lense? Im using the mandrax mount(pretty sweet to btw [​IMG] ) so before I do anything I wanted to be sure. Dont want any extra holes in my ceiling. [​IMG] Only reason I ask is because Im not clear on whether this is the offset everyone is talking about with this projector(SP 4800 or the X1). Thanks for any help you can give. Please respond,I hope to be watching Matrix Revolutions tomorrow for my premier.[​IMG]

Thanks,

Luis S

2. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

bump [​IMG]

3. GuyMaren

GuyMaren Agent

The offset everyone refers to is vertical offset. The Infocus SP4800 has a vertical offset of 133% at 16:9 and 112% at 4:3.

For example, a 16:9 screen with display height of 40 inches, ceiling (inverted) mount the projector so the lens is 1.33 x 40 = 53.2 inches above the bottom of the screen display area. Or, if you prefer, 53.2 - 40 = 13.2 inches above the top of the display area.

Hope this helps.

4. Shawn_Z

Shawn_Z Auditioning

I think the offset that he is referring too is actually the lens offset of the projector. If you have not already found your answer, you will need to center the lens and not the mount and/or the projector. The lens is not in the center of the projector so you will need to mount it to one side depending on if your mount upside down(the lens offset will be on the opposite side if you flip it upside down). Your offset will be 2.56 inches (65mm)according to the info I just looked up.

The above posts is discussing mounting height and placement issues.

Hope that helps