InFocus ScreenPlay 7200 hangs up

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Denis P, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Denis P

Denis P Extra

Aug 2, 2003
    Has anyone had this problem with their SP 7200 and had it fixed by InFocus:

My SP7200 will "hang" once every week or two. When this happens the PJ will continue to operate but will not take any new commands from the remote control or any of the buttons on the projector itself, including the power switch. The only way to get around the problem is to unplug the projector from the wall outlet then plug it back in. After that, it will work for another week or two.

It's done this since new (December 2002) but I've not sent it back yet because I've been waiting to see if anything else comes up that would also need service. Nothing else has gone wrong so I want to send it back to InFocus for service. InFocus service says they have never heard of the problem and I should send it in and let them try to reproduce it. If anyone else has had the problem fixed I'm hoping I can find out exactly was is wrong and tell InFocus service to speed up the process. I'm trying to avoid having it sit on their bench for a week or two burning up the lamp.

Finally, I had PM'd (Private Message) Bob Williams, an InFocus engineer who participates on another forum, on the problem back in January and he said it was a known hardware problem with some early SP 7200 that could easily be fixed. Unfortunately he did not tell me the exact part and he hasn't responded to my recent PM's and e-mail (maybe he is on vacation). I've forwarded my PM's to InFocus service. I've asked them to contact Bob, but I've not been able to get a straight answer to whether or not they have actually spoken to him.

BTW: Aside from this one (significant) problem I'm very happy with my SP7200.

Thanks for any help.
  2. GregAnderson

GregAnderson Extra

Feb 9, 2003
    I had the EXACT same problem with my first Philips 34PW9818 direct-view set. They never figured it out and finally replaced the set. I never heard of anyone else with that problem, especially an FP. Good luck with this.