What's new

Infocus Screenplay 110 from SAMS (1 Viewer)

I just saw that SAMS club has the Infocus Screenplay 110 for $1988. Compared to say the X1 or similar projectors, is the Screenplay 110 a good buy? Some of its features are: HDTV compatable, DLP technology, 800x600, 1000 Lumens, 600 to 1 contrast. Does both 16:9 and 4:3. Anyone know about this unit? Thanks for your replys.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I personally would not pay $2K for the Screenplay110. For that kind of money, I would kick in a few hundred and go with a Sony HS20. Also, you can save money and opt for the newer $1K Infocus X1 but try to do a demo if you can, or make sure there is a return policy just in case what you see you don't like.

Paul Pratt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Pratt
It depends on what you want to do with the projector. The X1 is incapable of doing a true anamorphic image that is capable of negotiating the full 852/3x480 resolution of dvd, you lose a bit of detail with the x1, but if you don't have anything to compare it to, then this is essentially a non-issue. Both projectors have the Faroudja processor, so thats fine. The Screenplay 110 has a 4x color wheel instead of a 2x on the X1 making rainbows and visual artifacts very hard to see. The 110 also has standard component and a DVI input on the back as well. These are all great features, but in the end it is your call, are more "features" worth the extra 900 bucks. I don't know. I considered the 110 very hard, but I ended up making the decision to go with the Panasonic AE500U complete HD support 1280x720, with all that stuff for a couple hundred less. LCD technology, but with Panasonic smooth screen technology, you can't see screen door very easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks