What's new

Infocus Projector Urgent Help (1 Viewer)

Bobby Parsons

Stunt Coordinator
Ok well I put my screen up and after all that hard work making it I cant figure out how to align the picture with the screen. I guess my shelf is to high that I was on. So I thought I could go into the settings and adjust the vertical and horizontal positing. Well the only place I can find that feature is in Computer mode and it wont let me change it in there. Am I just doomed and have to buy the Ceiling braket? Well I have another problem with that. I dont have a real celing I have a cheap tiled ceiling which I cannot hang anything from. Does anyone have anything I could try because I'm kinda pissed right now. thanks bp

Thomas Willard

Stunt Coordinator
I think I know what you are doing wrong. It seems from your posting that you have mounted your projector high the wall and now you find that you have to tilt the projector down in order for the image to fall below the ceiling. When mounting on the ceiling or near the ceiling you need to have the projector upside down.

I have my 300U mounted on the ceiling and the top of the image (when upside down) falls about six inches below the point where the wall meets the ceiling.

If my understanding of your situation is correct, then you need to create your own upside down mount even though you are using a shelf instead of actually hanging the projector from the ceiling.

Of course I am assuming that your projector supports ceiling mounting, which means the image can be switched to upside down.

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
Bobby ....

Here's a suggestion that just might work. It seems you can do a shelf-mount right now on your back wall. The problem is that projectors are designed to "aim up" (for tabletop placement). If your shelf is high on the wall, you need the projector to actually aim down a bit. Why not use machine screws & washers to attach the PJ upside down to the bottom of the shelf. If it is shooting too low, you can even put a 0.5" shim under the back feet of the PJ before fixing it to the shelf board. Then you attach the board to std shelf brackets like these:

This is essentially what I did, except I mounted the board to my ceiling. It looks nice and works perfectly.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks