Infocus LP340V displaying 16:9

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Fernando Schaeffer, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Fernando Schaeffer

Fernando Schaeffer Auditioning

Just recently bought an Infocus LP-340V projector and have a couple of questions:
    - I will be placing it on my ceiling and apparently the only way to turn the projector totally off is by pressing the Power button, which to me doesn't make any sense at all. It has the standby mode, but it only turns the light out, not the fan. Can anyone confirm that's the only way to turn it off? That way I'd have to have put in a switched outlet.
    - Does this projector display 16:9 natively? I've seen a couple of display modes in the Video Menu (widescreen letterbox, etc.) Also, would I have to setup the DVD player to display 16:9 when playing an anaphormic DVD ?
    Regards,
    Fernando Schaeffer

2. Huey

Huey Agent

Do not unplug or turn off PJ while fan running or bulb may crack and heat may melt electronics. It's supposed to run for 2-5 min. after going on standby to cool unit before turning off fan. After fan turns off automatically then you can unplug if you want though not necessary. If you have unit on ceiling, just use remote to "turn off" which means standby and fan will shut off after 2-5 min. depending how hot your unit got (varies with running time).
    16:9 mode is when PJ squishes stretched anamorphic image back to perfection. DVD player should be set on 16:9 TV set and 16:9 mode enabled on PJ; this will give you the best image on anamorphic DVD tittles.
    ------------------
    Huey :-]

3. Fernando Schaeffer

Fernando Schaeffer Auditioning

That's exactly what I hoped the projector would do, but the fan will NOT turn itself off unless I press the power button or swhitch the power off.
    The Infocus LP-340 has an option in the menu setup where you can specify the amount of time the lamp stays on AFTER the standby button is pressed. After the specified amount of time is elapsed, the lamp goes off, but the fan will stay on forever.
    Infocus LP-340 owners, please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way this unit oddly works.
    Fernando