infocus issue?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DerekCV, Aug 18, 2005.

1. DerekCV

DerekCV Stunt Coordinator

Ok so I have my infocus 4805 all hooked up and ready... it is beautiful. Only now that I have it all mounting and all my wires run I can't seem to get a signal through the component connections to my DVD player. I have tried 2 DVD player and on both only S-video worked. I am 90% sure that I have gotten a picture through the componets before... so is there a setting that i'm over looking or do you think there is somthing wrong with my porjector????

Thanks!

2. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

Some dvd players require you to enable the component output in the player's setup. Maybe try that. Also, check your cables. Is it not seeing a signal at all? Is it trying to load a signal and not showing anything?

3. DerekCV

it doesn't appear to be getting the signal at all... cause when it is on Svideo I get a message "setting up Image", but just a blue screen with the component.

Oh and the composite input works just fine to, I have that going to my computer.

Derek

4. James Phung

James Phung Second Unit

What about your cables? Are they decent 75ohm cables? The green cable carries the main video data make sure that one is plugged in correctly.

5. John S

John S Producer

I think you still have to have Svideo hooked up, and then tell it to switch to progressive scan for video to start comming out the component video outputs. I have seen other players like that anyways.

6. DerekCV

I got the Dayton cable from parts express.... so not the best, but I wouldn't expect them to have this problem.

I put my DVD player to progressive scan and that didn't help.

7. John S

John S Producer

I have installed a 4805, and did not encounter this issue, so I just don't know.

8. DerekCV

I am the stupidest man on the Forum right now...

my porjector is up so high that it was hard to see the colors on the wires and I crossed the blue and the green...

Everything is great now... I knew infocus was good!

Thanks for all the help.