What's new

Infocus 7205 (1 Viewer)

Chuck_K

Grip
As prices drop on the Infocus 7205, I am becoming very very enticed. I do not have any modern projector experience though (last unit I had was a Kloss Novabeam 3, which went into the trask a week ago). Does anyone have any experience with this DLP FP? I have heard about rainbow effect and not the blackest blacks so I am concerned if this is a good unit or not. Maybe the higher spee 7 segment color wheel will mitigate the rainbow effect - I dunno...Shoud I be considering LCD instead?

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!!

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
While the 7205 is very good projector, the Infocus 4805 is reputed to have a better overall balanced picture due to its superior contrast ratio. (Even though the 7205 has a native resolution of 720p vs. the 4805's 480p.)

In any event, you would probably be happier still with the new Infocus 7210 which features the new TI DLP DarkChip3.

Here's a recent review of the 7210 from ProjectorCentral.com:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/info...nplay_7210.htm

And, by the way, all of these projectors now feature 4x or better color wheels with 6 or more segments, so the rainbow artifact (commonly referred to as RBE) should no longer be a factor.

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
the higher speed and 7 segment color wheel will ultimately decrease the chance for the rainbow effect to be seen. Also, if you are worried about blackest blacks, LCD isn't the way to go either, the same problem with LCD. Also LCD has vertical banding as a possibility. So it's kind of a trade off. Either Rainbow effect or vertical banding. If you have a local store that has the 7205, I would recommend checking it out to see if you see any rainbows.

I really like the 7205 from what I've seen of it, but it's way far out of my price range.

Chuck_K

Grip
unfortunately the 7210 is beyond my pricepoint. why would the 4805 have better contrast? isn't it an earlier model? will i be sorry with the 7205, or are there better models in the 3500 pricepoint?

thanks for all the advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks