What's new

Infocus 4805 vs Sanyo PLV-Z2 (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Lofgren

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I am considering a projector and have found that for under/around $1000 I could get one of the most recent DLP projectors at 854x480 resolution(Infocus 4805 or Optoma H31). I could also get an LCD projector that's a generation old and has 1280x720 resolution(Sanyo PLV-Z2). Which would be a better value? I've read about the differences between DLP and LCD and that's not what I'm looking for. I want to know the maximum amount of projector I can get for $1000. I've narrowed it down to these options, but feel free to suggest more. The projector will most likely mainly be used for watching DVDs, and as a computer monitor for display type stuff. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

James Phung

Second Unit
It really depends on what is more important to you. If you are sitting close, are bothered by screen door effect, or want more resolution for hdtv (not in your case) then get the z2. If you don't sit too close, and want a more 3d like feel and more pleasing image thanks to the extra contrast of 480p dlps then get the 4805 or h31. If you plan on doing a lot of viewing with your pc using the projector as a computer monitor, then you may want some more resolution than 480p.

I personally went with the 4805 for the reasons above. I read some horror stories recently involving the z2 and service and its not something I would like to have to go through.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks