What's new

InFocus 4805 TVAuthority Q&A (1 Viewer)

Joe^M

Auditioning
Ok, I am tossing the Samsung 941; any recommendations for a reasonably priced DVD player with up-conversion? Preferably HDMI since I invested in a 30 foot HDMI to DVI cable.

Joe

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

I was doing some thread surfing today and decided to invite myself in here. I was kind of shocked...TVAuthority (who sponsors this FREE site) has initiated this thread to discuss the 4805 (which BTW is an awesome little PJ for the price) and some persons in this thread have had the nerve to be "pitching" other site's pricing. Even though those other sites are not authorized dealers, do not have a dead pixal policy, etc.

Please do not discuss non forum sponsor pricing in this thread. TVAuthority pricing is always competitive and their service is UNBEATABLE!.

Thanks!

Gregg Loewen

DanThomas

Agent
I'm watching the HD broadcast of Monday Night Football on my new 4805, and WOW! I don't really even like football any more, but this is cool! :D

One question: I'm watching the broadcast through my Moxi DVR, and I can tell the Moxi what resolution to output (480p, 720p, etc.) What setting should I use for the 4805? I've tried 480p and 780p and I think they look the same -- at least, when shown on my pink wall... :rolleyes

-Dan

PS: I know I'm not likely to get a response before the game is over, and that's OK. I just want to know what's the best setting for watching the PGA Championship this weekend!

DanThomas

Agent
I know it's all it can show, but I've read that because HD has more information, HD broadcasts look better than other sources. So the question is, should I let the DVR cut it down to 480, or the 4805?

James Phung

Second Unit
Let your box send whatever the source of the video feed is to the projector. If the game is in 720p, let the projector receive the full 720p signal. If you have the box send 480p, the cable box itself is scaling down 720p to 480p. Though the 4805 is only native 854x480 projector, it's best to let the 4805 do the scaling from 720p to 480p as the 4805 likely has a better scaler than the one in your hd box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks