What's new

Infocus 4805...serious color issues (1 Viewer)

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all. I have a 4805 for almost a year now. I love it. No problems so far and quite a good projector for the price.

I watch movies and play Xbox video games.

I have NEVER noticed any color problems or discrepancies from true colors UNTIL

I began playing GTA:San Andreas. (I know...I know...its one of my GUILTY pleasures)

Being able to tell one color from another in this game is quite important. I did not know my colors were even off until I was told that my "homies" were wearing green. I thought they were wearing greys and reds!!!!!

I have used Avia. All my movies look fine. NO ISSUES. I have tried to adjust the color temperature, color balance, etc on the projector. Nothing works. Grass, street lights, and clothes never even resemble a green color. They are brownish or grayish. I have seen screen shots online and these colors are VIVID green. There is no mistake. The green should be green.

Any ideas?

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like maybe a component cable is loose? Is it only that game? Do you see green in movies?

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
yes...that is what Im saying. No problems with movies OR other video games. And there is no "color setting" to adjust in the game itself or on the xbox.

All cables are secure.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
hmmmmmm that's interesting. Since you see green im movies and other game I think we can safely rule out the 4805 itself. Hook up the Xbox to another video source....ie T.V. See if the color is still greyish. If so then I would call the manufactor for the Xbox (Microsoft.....good luck on that one ;) ) or the game manufactor. If it is green on the TV than you need to roubleshoot. Is everything hooked up perfect? Read the manual for the game....maybe there is some funky game control you hit by accident (something I have done a lot!! :)). Sorry I can't be of more help. But I do think your 4805 is fine....sounds like a source issue. Let us know how it goes and good luck.

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
Jack Gilvey

Jack...THANK YOU!

I am a moron! Yes! It was a component cable. I watch movies with DVI cable. Xbox with component. I have had this game for 2 weeks and been playing it with muted colors and had NO IDEA. One of the cables from the RECIEVER TO XBOX was not secure!!! Oh my Gosh...its like playing a NEW game!! As far as other video games go, either the cable recently came out or I didn't even realize the colors were bad on the games...haven't check yet.

Its always the simple solutions that seem to foil me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks