1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Infocus 4805 firmware update!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Joseph Bolus, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

Infocus today published a firmware update for the Infocus 4805. This update fixes a random flash and Macrovision-related "flicker" problem that occurred when viewing certain DVDs utilizing the s-video and/or component inputs. (The problem did not occur with DVI input.)

Here's the link to the firmware update:

http://www.infocus.com/service/sp480...site_region=1&

2. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Cool, thanks. Now I can flash the one I set up for my brother so 1080i re-syncs but there's no flicker.

3. Jaxon's Dad

Jaxon's Dad Supporting Actor

Doug
    I've been trying to upgrade the firmware all morning and I'm stuck. According to the instructions, with the projector powered down I need to push both keystone adjustment buttons and then power up the projector. With the keystone adjustment buttons still pressed following power up, the projector should now be in "load state." (When I do this, the lamp does not turn on, but I assume this is due to "Load State.") The status in the Flash dialog box should change from "Waiting for new connection..." to "Connected." I have not yet been able to get to the "Connected" status. This is really tiring since my projector is ceiling mounted. Anyone who has successfully upgraded their firmware - Am I missing something? Any help would be very musch appreciated.

4. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    hi guys
    I just purchased a used 4805. Where can I get a bulb for cheap?
    thanks