What's new

InFocus 4805 and Missing Menu Items (1 Viewer)

Kipp Teague

Stunt Coordinator
(** FOUND ANSWER TO MY QUESTION - SEE FOLLOWUP **)

I have just purchased the amazing InFocus 4805 projector, and I am thrilled with its performance. I have a question about the projector, one I have researched to no avail before posting here. The user manual depicts and describes several settings under the Picture / Advanced menu which do not appear when I call up this menu on my unit. These are:

Chroma Detail
Luma Detail
Noise Reduction
and
CCS

As the manual illustrates, these should be the top four settings in the Picture / Advanced sub-menu. My unit has the base firmware, and I thought this might be an issue, but nothing I have read indicates that these settings were added in later revisions.

If you own a 4805, does your unit display these settings or not. If so, what is your firmware version?

** FOUND ANSWER TO MY QUESTION - SEE FOLLOWUP **

Thanks

Kipp Teague

Stunt Coordinator
I discovered that the Picture / Advanced menu changes radically based on whether the 4805 is receiving a progressive or an interlaced signal. Selections that don't apply to progressive signals aren't displayed when in that mode, and the same is true for interlaced.

I also discovered in the process that analog cable TV looks much better on the 4805 when fed interlaced vs. fed progressive. At least this is the case in my setup with a Panasonic DMR-HS2 as the 4805's source.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks