What's new

Infocus 4800 and screen size (1 Viewer)

zmurphy

Grip
Real Name
Zach
Hello everybody, i am fairly new here. i am finishing my home theater in my playroom. i picked up an Infocus 4800 and 76" screen pretty cheap from a friend of mine. i have never had a projector before so please bare w/ me. BTW i did search, i promise.

my playroom is 21 foot long so i want to keep as much open space as possible, having all my seating towards the back of the room. after reading the setup instructions for the 4800, to use the 76" screen, i need to mount the 4800 alot closer than i want to (mainly because of power/cabling and headroom). i would like to mount the 4800 on the ceiling above the seating area. according to the manual and other online resources, i could use a much bigger screen ( 120" i think).

My ? is, since the 4800 is on the lower end of projectors, can i really go that big? if so how bad will this distort my picture?

i will be connecting component through the VESA/VGA adapter and using the a/v receiver for component switching. i will connecting a dvd player, digital cable and ps2/360 console.

thanks for your help.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about your specific installation, but I can tell you my X1 looks terriffic at 96".

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I use a 106" diagonal screen with my X1 and I've been very happy with it. I don't think I would go any bigger though, because it's not a very bright projector. My X1 has about 1850 hours on the original bulb, and it's getting pretty dim. I'm upgrading in a couple weeks to the Mits. HD1000. You will find the 76" screen is too small, especially with your large room/seating distance.

zmurphy

Grip
Real Name
Zach
thanks for the replys.
Jim mcc, how far is your projector away from your screen? how long is the expected bulb life of an X1? mine has approx 1800 hrs and it supposed to have a 4000 hr bulb life. i just wonder if the bulb starts to wear down after about half its life. i am totally new to projectors, so i am learning still.

thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks