What's new

INFO: Onkyo TX-DS989 Firewire Update (1 Viewer)

Patrick Zapatka

Stunt Coordinator
After posing the following question to Onkyo USA,

"As a longtime and extremely satisfied 989 owner, can you please tell me if there is a firewire upgrade planned for it? I have heard rumors of such in home theater forums, and would like it to be confirmed from the source. Any information on method and date would be appreciated as well."

I received the following response,

"Thank You for contacting Onkyo USA Product Support.

The firewire has not hit the production stage, but it is in the devolvement stage.

Again, thank you for contacting Onkyo USA Product Support, if you need further Assistance feel free to call us at 800-229-1687."

Just FYI!

Patrick

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
Seems like that is how these companies do things when there is a possible upgrade, or something in the works. I submitted something similar to that to Denon. It has been my observation that once Denon creates a receiver with the last number higher than other models in the line-up; there is usually a high-end receiver replacement in the works. I have seen this trend for a number of years. I guess the best thing to do is wait until they confirm a production date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks