What's new

Info on WWE: Wrestlemania XX DVD. (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

From The Observer

Now I'm pumped for this DVD, the Mania of Mania, and the greatest matches special...and since this is a DVD perhaps we can get all of those matches uncut?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
In all honesty, I'll be purchasing this on VHS for one reason, and one reason only.

About 3 years ago, I received the "Wrestlemania Legacy" box set which contained Wrestlemanias 1 through 15. The following day, I bought Wrestlemania 2000 (aka 16), and I've since purchased 17, 18 & 19. From what I've read above, the DVD sounds great.......god knows it was the best Wrestlemania I've seen over the past number of years, but until we see ALL the Wrestlemanias released on DVD, this is the only series I will continue to collect on video.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, that is certainly understandable...but if I were you I'd start thinking about transfering those tapes to DVDs, because the earlier wrestlemanias don't look to be coming to DVD anytime soon. Its all due to a legal matter that I really don't understand, but the gist of it is that if they want to say put WM's I-VI on DVD they'll have to shell out some cash to Jesse Ventura.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I have a feeling the "greatest matches of wrestlemania" will just be the show that aired where ric flair was the host.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Well, that's exactly what it is, but realistically there isn't any reason that they couldn't replace the clips of the show with the uncut matches, or include them as extras...unless, and I didn't see the show but what might prevent this is if that God awful over rated ironman match from WM XII was on the list and IIRC it was...now that match they can clip all day if they want, IMO of course.

Derek Faber

Stunt Coordinator
Iron man match awful?! Shock! Well that match alone is the reason why they won't put the whole matches on the disc, along with the trunbuckle censoring needed for some.

I would love to have the submission match from 13 uncut on dvd, with intros and aftermath but I'm beginning to doubt it will ever come out. That I consider hte number one match ever for Wresltemania.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Derek, I guess my comments of awful are not exactly what I meant. I explained this in the WWE thread in the TV and HD-TV discussion area, but I'm just not a big fan of the match. It is technically a good well worked bout between Hart and Michaels, and succeeds on some level, but when I first watched that match I was bored a half an hour in and it didn't get better from there. Frankly the HHH/Rock ironman match from Judgement Day 2000 is a better Ironman bout IMO, I just don't rate the Hart Michaels match that high on my list of great wrestlemania matches. When I put my top 10 list together in the other thread, I did list it as an honorable mention. So I'm saying that God awful may not be how I really feel about the match, but it is no favorite of mine either.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm putting this here, because it is somewhat related to this DVD.

The WWE will also release a DVD of the Hall of Fame ceremonies from the night before Wrestlemania.

Oh, and 1 other small bit of WWE DVD information.

They're planning a DVD release of...

The 4 Horsemen!!

Voon Jiet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Voon

I am hoping and praying for the IC Title match between Steamboat and Savage at WM3... but I guess it would be clipped at best.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Well, it was in the top 10 matches, so you're right you'll at least see clips. How long was the Mania of Wrestlemania special? If it was only like an hour then they could easily show some of the matches in their entirity on that DVD.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
One question...is the Bret vs. Owen match from WM10 avaiable on any DVD?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
absolutely agree that Steamboat VS Savage was one hell of a match. That would be smashing plus a history about their feud as well

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Oscar, it was one of the best feuds ever. Though if you want the history of what led up to the wrestlemania match, I'd be hoping for a WM III release. I don't think that would be included here, all I want is that match uncut. Clip everything else and give me that uncut and I'll be happy, of course for those who have a different all time favorite mania match they will obviously feel differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks