What's new

Info on The Final Countdown at Digital Bits (1 Viewer)

HankM

Second Unit
There is info at www.thedigitalbits.com on The Final Countdown dvd. PFE really screwed this release up. Widescreen (no 16:9), 2.0 Dolby Surround and NO CHAPTER STOPS!!! The cover art is one of the weakest I've ever seen. This is what alot of us expected.:angry:

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I feel sorry for all the people who ordered it. And just to think, the same edition of the film is in R2/R4 what over half the price.

The Digital Bits mentioned that Icon might also own the rights to the film, maybe they can let a studio like Anchor Bay put out a better release.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
No chapter stops? Pathetic, just pathetic. I don't want PFE to get a single cent of my money after this debacle. Unfortunately, I want the movie more so I'll probably have to stomach this pathetic effort from PFE.
Did I mention how pathetic this disc is? :angry:

Ryan Potts

Stunt Coordinator
First, they take waaay too long to get this out. Then, they pull this for all the pain and trouble everyone has dealt with...

I'm just gonna sit here and pray hard that someone, heck anyone else gets their hands on this one and does it up right.

Jim, I don't think you mentioned that this disc is that pathetic...

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Pacific Family Entertainment seems to be associated with the UK label Hollywood DVD because the covers are exactly the same, other than the words Hollywood DVD replacing the words Pacific Family Entertainment in the red strip at the top of the cover for the UK (Region 0) version. The UK version is alo non-anamorphic 1:85 and 2.0 surround and the picture and sound quality is lousy. The UK version does have chapter stops though.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I can't beleive this. After all the long wait, non-anamorphic and no chapter stops. YIKES!!!

We must do a full attack on PFE!

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
That is really strange????

The cover art for the disc shown at the GeoData site says it has "Scene Selection and Trailer" as Special Features listed on the back!

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Well, I decided to give PFE another call asking them about the discrepancies with the disc as it was proposed for release back in January as opposed to what finally came out.

I normally talk with the same CSR each time but she transferred me over to someone else today. It appears they have been getting many calls about the "no scene selections" (chapter stops). I also mentioned that someone said it only had a 2.0 soundtrack instead of the 5.1.

I also reminded her of the bill of goods Tim Cook (the company owner) presented to the public back in January. The list included:

* Anamorphic digitally restored transfer from original 35mm print.
* DD 5.1 sound
* Production Stills
* Trailer
* Behind the Scene Documentary
* Actor Bios
* Uncut 114 minute version

and of couse... Chaper Stops.

Seems to have fallen WAY short of what people were lead in believing they were buying!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks