What's new

Info on the AT website for the P-2000 (1 Viewer)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
http://www.atlantictechnology.com/
There's a link at the bottom of the home page for CES news. It's a PDF for the new P-2000 and the A-2000, a 125w x6 channel amplifier.
I don't know if this has been mentioned in another thread but I thought I'd post just in case.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
$1699, they are kidding right. Unless you can get a major discount at the dealer why on earth would anyone buy this over a 950? Can getting ride of the Outlaw logo and green button be worth that much :p)

Sean M

Stunt Coordinator
Well, according to their specs, the unit will do video format conversion from Composite to S-video and vice versa. I don't know if Outlaw has announced that capability. Certainly not worth the price difference in my eyes, but I have an external video switcher.

That promo material is really annoying to read, however, as they mention the price of the unit in nearly every paragraph. It's almost as if they are self conscious about the price of the unit, or they're trying to get to you say, well $1699 isn't that bad of a price, really. Well, no matter how "teeny tiny" $1699 is, it's still a hell of a lot more than $899 w/ a pair of free interconnects from Outlaw. Every time they mentioned the price, I kept thinking double, as in it's nearly double what Outlaw wants for essentially the same piece.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
It's annoying that they mention the price every paragraph but they also mention that it's the LIST price. I suspect that we'll see it for less than the 1699 MSRP. How much less will determine how well it does compared to the Outlaw. I'm waiting to see the difference between the actual cost of the P-2000 and the final cost of the 950 after the introductory price is gone. If it's only a couple of hundred dollars then I'll be leaning heavily towards the AT.

There are people that care enough about aesthetics to pay a premium. I'm one of them.

BrentC

Agent
Correct me If I'm wrong but isn't $899 Outlaws introductry price? I expect the Outlaw will bump up a bit the AT will street down a bit and the difference will end up being $150-$200.

W

Will

The Outlaw's late January newsletter discounts any major price increase. Here's an excerpt:

When we first announced the "Introductory" price we used that phrasing to protect ourselves in case we found that the cost of the final unit would be such that we might have to raise prices after a few months. While anything is possible, we do not see any major pending price increase, and in any case we will honor the $899 price for everyone who places their name on the reservations list. That's all. As to some of the speculation about our pricing plans where some people say a major increase is coming, we find that hilarious.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Good point Will, I had forgotten about that part of the newsletter.

I'll wait to read reviews of both to see if they really are identical. If they turn out to be exactly the same and the AT's street price ends up holding close to the MSRP then I might have to get used to that ugly #@!%&! cowboy logo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks