Info on Rotel RCD 02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Yoon Lee, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Yoon Lee

Yoon Lee Stunt Coordinator

There is a new CD player RCD-02 which seems to replace RCD-961. Anyone with information on RCD-02, or better yet comparison between the two?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Yoon, Hi-Fi Choice has a write-up of the RCD-02 in its August issue (Meridian DVD-Audio on the cover). Have you seen it? Hi-Fi Choice refers to the '02 as a replacement for the '961. Included are reviews of an RA-02 stereo integrated amp and RT-02 tuner as well. All three components are silver and look like they are part of a mini system in that they stack well together and look to share the same small footprint.

Do you know if the RCD-02 will be marketed in the US? I haven't heard anything yet. If it is, I wonder if it be black here. Anyway, Hi-Fi Choice gave it four stars out of five. Here is an excerpt of their review:

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Yoon, I just visited rotel.com, which is Rotel's US web site, and found the '02 CD player listed. The '961 is no longer listed. In fact, the only other player listed is the rather new '1070. Here is the link to their CD players:
    http://www.rotel.com/CDPlayers/index.htm
    So, I guess the '02 is or will be available in the US.

4. Yoon Lee

Yoon Lee Stunt Coordinator

RCD-02 IS in the US. I saw it at the dealer. Thing is that I just bought my RCD-961 and wondering if I should return this and get RCD-02 instead. While I like silver color, I don't mind black either. Only if RCD-02 is better in terms of sound, it becomes another matter.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Yoon, sure, the sound is the most important thing. I commented about the color just as a curiosity thing. Anyway, if you have the ability to return the '961, give the '02 a listen.