What's new

Info On Picture Size Using The Focus (1 Viewer)

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
I WAS WONDERING WHAT EVERYONE WAS SETTING THEIR FP SCREEN SIZE TO? I HAVE AN X1. I AM LOOKING TO BUY A SCREEN BUT WAS THINKING IF I SHOULD GET AT THE MAX SIZE OF MY PICTURE
OR THE SMALLEST SIZE(USING THE FOCUS) WHAT WOULD YA'LL USE?

Benson R

Supporting Actor
You should always check the x1 faq for any x1 questions.

In there there is a link to the infocus x1 screen calulator from the infocus sight.

Just input the distance and it will tell you the max and min screen size.

Also just a friendly tip, typing message in all caps is bad etiquete, you'll get more response if you dont do that.

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
I'M ASKING AN OPION OF WHAT PEOPLE USED ON THEIR PROJECTOR.
I KNOW THE FACTS ON IT. AND I LIKE USING CAPS. THX

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
I'M ASKING AN OPINION OF WHAT PEOPLE USED ON THEIR PROJECTOR. I KNOW THE FACTS ON IT. I'M ASKING A PREFERENCE ON A SCREEN SIZE. YOU CAN EITHER MAX IT OUT OR USE THE MIN. AND I LIKE USING CAPS. SO I GUESS I DON'T CARE FOR ETIQUETE THX

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator

:angry:

THE GENERAL RULE IS TO ZOOM IN ON THE SMALLEST POSSIBLE SIZE FOR A GIVEN DISTANCE SO THAT YOU USE ONLY THE CENTER OF THE LENS, BUT I DO NOT THINK IT REALLY MAKES THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Sheldon,

We, on this forum, care a lot for some etiquette. It makes this forum as pleasant as it is.

Please, join us.

Cees

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I am sorry if I offended you Sheldon, I just wanted to point out that posting all in caps makes a post harder to read, and you'll have an easier time getting replies if you try to avoid that.

I am sorry I didnt answer the question you asked, and I am not ragging on you, but honestly when I looked at your post I only picked up that you wanted to know the maximum image size the projector outputs.

I usually just scan over posts and yours being all in caps made it a little more difficult to pick up on your question.

Anyway to answer the original question, I have my screen size currently as exactly 72 in wide. Off the top of my head I dont know what the diaganol for that is. I used to put it a little bigger, but found the minimum size for me was the most ideal. Any bigger than that at my viewing distance caused more problems with dlp rainbows and headaches.

Also if your looking to improve your x1, I just finished a project for my diy screen that I feel helped immensly. I felt the biggest drawback of the 4x3 fp, was the light spill, so I just completed removable masking for several different aspect ratios using black felt and velcro. I found this to be the biggest improvement since installing the projector itself.

Anyway I hope you continue to enjoy your x1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks