What's new

Info on Anteneas that mount around Dish for Local Channels. (1 Viewer)

Larry C

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have one of these? Does it get good reception and do you have to change the input on TV to see channels?
Thanks.....

CRyan

Screenwriter
They work just like any other OTA antennae. If your receiver will allow you to import local channels into the guide, then you can watch locals without switching inputs.
If you are not too far away from the broadcasting towers, then you may have decent success. I would recommend buying one from a place where you can easily return it. Most likely, you will not have good reception on all channels.
C. Ryan

Larry C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks C. Ryan. I have 2 RCA DRD420RE which I don't believe have local channel input capabilities. The antenea I've seen is the Terk TV 42. It looks real simple to install, but would like to know if anyone has had success with these...

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
I have the terk42. Reception quality of course depends on the area and range to the towers. I get so-so performance out of mine. ABC, FOX, PBS, and WB come in real good while NBC and CBS sucks. I pick those up on my dish.
So, like someone else said, buy it where you can easily take if need be.

Larry C

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys......
I did try it out but CBS and NBC were unwatchable.
My house does have an OTA antenna and I spent the day getting 4 diplexers coax cables and all that fun stuff. Made my connections and I must say the reception from the OTA is excellent. Very Happy Now.... Thanks Again.
[Edited last by Larry C on August 12, 2001 at 02:10 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread