What's new

Info about ExpressVu DBS Service (1 Viewer)

steve*c

Auditioning
I'm pretty much fed up with my local cable provider and would like to explore DBS options. I live in North Central West Virginia and am 30 miles too far south to pick up the Pittsburgh PA local channels on either of the major satellite providers. I've seen posts in forums where people in the US have signed up with a Canadian provider (ExpressVu) who provides locals in both SD and HD to its customers regardless of their geographical location. Is this for real? Are there any legal problems associated with receiving this service in the lower 48? How good is the service provided? Any thoughts or explanations are greatly appreciated.

Abdul Jalib

Stunt Coordinator
ExpressVu provides ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX Boston and Seattle feeds for dirt cheap, and you can also get TBS, WB, and one more for an extra $3 per month. For HD, as part of the dirt cheap package, ExpressVu provides one channel, which is usually CBS but sometimes they switch to another station. There is also a demo loop and a pay-per-view in HD, but you can't get the pay-per-view in the U.S. since it gives away your location to connect a phone line to your receiver. I think there may be some SD channels too. The channel selection is not great for U.S. residents, unless you love curling, hockey, and local news from Saskatchewan.
It's legal for U.S. residents to get the service, but ExpressVu won't knowingly sell to U.S. residents, so you have to go through an address broker, eh?
For more information see http://www.global-cm.net/CAN/canadiansolution.html
-Abdul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks