What's new

Inflatable Mattresses- all the same?? (1 Viewer)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Now that our guest room is gone (2nd kid on the way!), my wife and I are considering getting an inflatable mattress for when guests come over (we'd probably sleep on it, and give guests our bed). I'd like one with the pump attached for quick inflation/deflation.
I see a few different models, from some in the $30 range to about $150 for the Aerobed (queen size). Naturally, of course, I'm curious as to why the price difference, as they look somewhat similar on the box.

Anyone have any opinions?

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
Todd,

I can't talk about direct comparisons between air mattresses but I really like our AreoBed.

We only have the twin size but I've used it on many occasions (when I've been in the "dog house") and have found it to be exceptionally comfortable.
I'd suggest getting the queen size AreoBed.

Heck they even have the AreoBeds that "raise" off the ground like a normal sized bed.
http://aerobed.125west.com/

Brian

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Our local Costco has the Queen Size Aero travel bed for $129. Strangely, it's $99 on their website?? However, they also have some no-name queen bed (with attached pump like Aero) for $40, so that's why I asked.

I guess I can try both and take one back. I don't like to do that, but Costco has such a generous return policy, I think they'd take chewed meat back.:)

Todd

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
Todd,

I understand what you mean about the price difference.

But if you think about it, air mattresses have been on the market for a long time and I can't remember many people claiming to sleep as soundly on them as I have heard people talk about AreoBeds.

I'm a big guy at around 6 feet, 250lbs. and it supports me just fine, not to mention my kids jumping up and down on it with no ill effect. AreoBeds are made pretty tough and with some of the more generic air mattresses the plastic is thin and the seams fall apart after a year or so.

So, try em both out but I think you won't mind spending the extra cash on the AreoBed once you've tried both types.

Geez, I guess I sound like one of those infomercial guys... I better shut-up now.
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Good Luck,
Brian

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I found the $24 (including pump) air mattress I bought at Walmart to be just fine. :)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I really liked the Aerobed and it worked great for traveling. It supported both me at 250# plus my girlfriend at ahem 150#+ without any problem. A snap to inflate and deflate, sturdy and never any issues at all.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i've slept on the aerobed many times. it's pretty darn comfortable. it inflates quickly and has a solid (almost to the point of being hard to open) air-cap-thingy.

you should definitely give it a try.

Chris Smith

Stunt Coordinator
We had a no-name air mattress with external pump from walmart. It sucks compared to the AeroBed . I haven't tried any of the other built in pump type beds, but I don't see myself trying them, either. The AeroBed is just that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks