Inflatable beds?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Larson, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

Well, since my idea of "bed-in-a-bag" has crashed and burned, i'm turning to Aerobeds.
    Since i'd be quite naturally skeptical of a store called "WonderfulBuys", i'm asking for your opinions. Have you used one of these for any period of time?
    What are your thoughts? Are they worth the money ($ 90)?
    Would i be better off buying a futon/mattress?

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Much better off with a futon or matress, Mark. "Air matresses" & the like are fine for the odd night or two, but they don't stand up to any more than that in my experience - you'll get back pains, find them uncomfortable etc.

3. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Mark, I know HT ties up all of our money here, but there are some things you just don't skimp on. Toilet paper, tissues, and beds come to mind. Do yourself a favor and pick up a cheap IKEA bed.

"Where you goin' with this Ikea boy?"

4. ace peterson

ace peterson Second Unit

We bought a double bed at an auction once for $5. Doesn't get cheaper than that my friend.

5. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

Ace, WOW! Was that at ebay or local auction?

6. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

I lived (well...actually slept) on an inflatable bed for a month. I won't do it ever again. Pretty hard to get a good night's sleep. And on some mornings you're back is so sore that you just can't get out of bed.

It was really nice to have a real bed out of storage after that month.

7. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    There's a BIG difference between one of those "bed-in-a-bag" things and somthing like this from Select Comfort. These beds are pricey, but may help eliminate back pain/tossing and turning. (Hey, anything that Paul Harvey advertises for can't be bad!) [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Air mattresses just aren't very comfortable. I agree with everyone here...spend the money on a real bed. I got a new bigger bed about 2 months ago. Cost me about 700+ but its the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on. Wish I didn't have to get up in the morning, I could lay in bed all day long [​IMG]

9. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I have a ThermaRest camping air mattress and I find it to be extremely comfortable, as good as my bed. Very expensive though, and purpose built for camping.

10. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

If this is strictly for camping or for short stays, then you might consider the Coleman inflatable bed. It's around $40 at Wal-Mart and it'll do just fine compared to those overpriced Aerobeds. But, if you have the extra space and this isn't for travel purposes, just get a mattress/futon.