What's new

Inflatable beds? (1 Viewer)

Mark Larson

Supporting Actor
Well, since my idea of "bed-in-a-bag" has crashed and burned, i'm turning to Aerobeds.
Since i'd be quite naturally skeptical of a store called "WonderfulBuys", i'm asking for your opinions. Have you used one of these for any period of time?
What are your thoughts? Are they worth the money ($ 90)?
Would i be better off buying a futon/mattress?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Much better off with a futon or matress, Mark. "Air matresses" & the like are fine for the odd night or two, but they don't stand up to any more than that in my experience - you'll get back pains, find them uncomfortable etc.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Mark, I know HT ties up all of our money here, but there are some things you just don't skimp on. Toilet paper, tissues, and beds come to mind. Do yourself a favor and pick up a cheap IKEA bed.

"Where you goin' with this Ikea boy?"

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I lived (well...actually slept) on an inflatable bed for a month. I won't do it ever again. Pretty hard to get a good night's sleep. And on some mornings you're back is so sore that you just can't get out of bed.

It was really nice to have a real bed out of storage after that month.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
There's a BIG difference between one of those "bed-in-a-bag" things and somthing like this from Select Comfort. These beds are pricey, but may help eliminate back pain/tossing and turning. (Hey, anything that Paul Harvey advertises for can't be bad!) :) :emoji_thumbsup:

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Air mattresses just aren't very comfortable. I agree with everyone here...spend the money on a real bed. I got a new bigger bed about 2 months ago. Cost me about 700+ but its the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on. Wish I didn't have to get up in the morning, I could lay in bed all day long :)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I have a ThermaRest camping air mattress and I find it to be extremely comfortable, as good as my bed. Very expensive though, and purpose built for camping.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
If this is strictly for camping or for short stays, then you might consider the Coleman inflatable bed. It's around $40 at Wal-Mart and it'll do just fine compared to those overpriced Aerobeds. But, if you have the extra space and this isn't for travel purposes, just get a mattress/futon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks